Sunday, February 21, 2021

Belgian Waffles

 I gave Bren a choice of breakfast foods and he decided he wanted waffles. I have an awesome Cuisinart waffle maker but it is a stand up one and we have discovered that it works best with plain waffles only as otherwise everything gets stuck going down and ends up in a huge mess. I'm totally torn over this as I love it but I also love making more gourmet waffles which I can't do.

So this recipe sounded good and we were ready to give it a try. Bren actually mixed everything up and followed the recipe except that we ended up using two cups of regular flour as we didn't have any whole wheat on hand. 

The only thing we found that was at the end Bren was struggling with it going into the waffle maker so I think next time we would add in more buttermilk to make it more runny to get it into the waffle maker. Depending on your waffle maker you could find the batter perfect as it is but you may need to add more liquid in as I should have. 

This is definitely a recipe I would try again and just make the adjustments needed.

You can find the recipe here: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/belgian-waffles/






No comments:

Post a Comment