Tuesday, February 23, 2021

My review of My Beautiful Neighbor by Piper Rayne

 Cade Greene owns Truth or Dare Brewery with his step-brother Jed in Sunrise Bay, Alaska. When the owner of the store next door passes away, both Jed and Cade look forward to purchasing it so they can expand their brewery.

When he spots a mysterious blonde woman at the funeral he is intrigued as she looks so out of place in Alaska. When he discovers who she is and what her plans are he is torn between his attraction for her and his own business plans.

Can Cade get over his own past to realize that he truly deserves happiness or will the ghosts in his past prevent him from ever getting close to someone again?

This was such a great book and introduction to the Greene family!! I know they are going to be just as exciting as the Bailey's and I am so excited that Grandma Dori is still in there as well as her best friend Grandma Ethel!

Cade was an interesting character and I felt like you got ideas of why he was how he was through the book but it wasn't until the end of the book where we learned what was really holding him back.  I loved how close Cade was with his family and the different personalities that we have met so far. 

I really liked Presley in that she really needed to find herself and that was what she was after for herself. Although she was starting over in Alaska she wanted to be self-reliant and find a friendship with Clara. I loved Presley's determination in not giving up and deciding what she wanted for her life.

There was immediate attraction between Cade and Presley but there were a lot of factors holding them apart, beginning with the business space. Also Presley didn't know how long she was going to be in Alaska and Cade was afraid of serious relationships. When there were a series of events that kept pushing Cade and Presley together I wondered how they were going to deal with the pressure and I wasn't surprised when things turned into a "benefits" kinda thing.

Whenever you have a "benefits" thing happening you know that it's never going to work and I was definitely wondering which one was going to pull away! When another character gets thrown into the mix I was definitely surprised and hated her right away!!     

I was super mad at Cade for certain things that he said and I was shocked but proud of Presley! 

There was a part where Chevelle read a letter and it was so awesome and heartbreaking at the same time. I thought Cade needed to hear what she said and it made him really realize a few things about how he needed to live his own life.

I was so happy at the end when Cade opened up to Presley and was ready to live his life!! 

The epilogue was great and then a huge bomb dropped with Adam and I can't wait to see what's next!!

4.5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment