Sunday, November 12, 2023

Teriyaki Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Tacos with Candied Jalapeno and Bacon

 This was a recipe that looked so good to me but Mikaela will not each shrimp except for in sushi so I knew that I would have to wait for a night where it was just Bren and I. After trying this recipe I wish I had tried it sooner as it was amazing!

Now it does take awhile to make as there are many parts of it that come together to make such a masterpiece.

I started off by making the candied jalapenos. I only had about a pound of jalapenos so I did a third of the recipe. I was surprised at how good it made the jalapenos and I could now tolerate them! That being said I cut them with gloves on and my eyes did water. I had a really bad jalapeno experience years ago so it is very rare that I actually bring them into the house!

Next I marinated the shrimp in the homemade teriyaki sauce. These were so good and simple. I loved how much flavor they held! As the shrimp was marinating I began the salsa. I cut up everything and then once the pineapple went on the bbq we were good to go.

We cooked the pineapple on the bbq and then once that was done we moved onto the shrimp. 

I used a chipotle mayonnaise on the tacos and then we used a coleslaw mix and then topped with feta cheese! 

These are so delicious and well worth the effort! 

You can find the link here: https://www.closetcooking.com/teriyaki-grilled-shrimp-and-pineapple_25/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment