Sunday, July 2, 2023

Sunday Night Comfort Food

 Lately it seems like we are running in every direction and with my crazy work schedule we definitely don't get to sit down and have a nice full dinner. They are on the menu every single Sunday but we don't always get to them.

This week I decided to go back to basics with Brown Sugar Meatloaf, Cheesy Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Gruyere, and and Easy Stovetop Green Bean Casserole. Total comfort food!

The Meatloaf was super easy to make and I really liked the brown sugar and barbeque sauce on the bottom. That being said I really think I need a larger pan for my meatloaf as they keep coming up to the edge and then spilling a little into the oven. The meatloaf does take a large time to cook so just remember to start that quite a bit ahead of when you actually want to eat.

The mashed potatoes were awesome but I definitely needed more onions. As I was cooking I realized that I didn't have enough which was a little frustrating but I had no desire to leave the house and get more. I generally calculate the number of onions before my shop but this time I added wrong. The potatoes were still really good but would have been even better if I had the right amount of onions.

The green bean casserole is a total classic and I loved being able to make it on the stove top. The recipe was super easy to follow and tasted great!! 

The leftovers this week are so good!!!

You can find the recipes here:

Meatloaf: https://cookiesandcups.com/brown-sugar-meatloaf/

Mashed Potatoes: https://www.lemonsforlulu.com/cheesy-mashed-potatoes-with-gruyere-and-caramelized-onions/

Green Beans: https://dinnerthendessert.com/stovetop-green-bean-casserole/





No comments:

Post a Comment