Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas Dinner!

 I tried to get input from both kids for Christmas as it was one where all three of us would be together. Every other year Bren goes to his dad's so I try and cook more of a feast when we are all together. The kids both wanted ham so I had to find a good one. Mik chose the potatoes and Bren picked green beans as a side dish so I was ready to go!

I decided to make a Cherry Bourbon baked ham as the main dish. I bought a spiral ham to cook and then added the marinade to it and had it in the oven for awhile. This ham was super good and the sauce was awesome! I loved the cherry and Bourbon together and I highly recommend it!

Mik wanted to give Hasselback Potatoes a try for dinner. Now these cook at a different temperature than the ham so I decided to cook them in my toaster oven. I have a large toaster oven so it could fit all three potatoes at the same time. These were good and I loved the trick of cutting them in between spoons! It worked really well and I liked how the potatoes turned out.  

The green beans that Bren picked out were so easy to make and cooked with bacon so there's really nothing else to say except yum! This was actually the first thing to go as I think Bren ended up having two helpings after everyone ate so much to begin with. These are seriously so easy to make and a great alternative to plain beans! 

I decided to break out the bread machine and make homemade dinner rolls. I have never made these before so I was really nervous. I follwed the instructions as directed and then set them on top of my toaster oven to rise once the dough was done. These buns were so delicious and even though my cutting job for making the buns was awful we all loved the buns and I honestly can't wait to try making them again!

Christmas Dinner turned out awesome and I hope you get the chance to try some of these awesome recipes! 

You can find the recipes here: 

Cherry Bourbon Baked Ham: https://www.lemonsforlulu.com/cherry-bourbon-baked-ham/

Hasselback Potatoes: https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/the-perfect-salty-crispy-roasted-hasselback-potatoes/

Sautéed Green Beans with Bacon: https://tidymom.net/sauteed-green-beans-with-bacon/

Bread Machine Dinner Rolls: https://happyhooligans.ca/homemade-dinner-rolls-bread-machine/



No comments:

Post a Comment