Tuesday, July 27, 2021

My review of Southern Secrets by Natasha Madison

 Asher Normand is a ranch supervisor who loses everything when the barn he lives in catches fire. He believes that it is a sign that it is time for him to move on but he is convinced to remain at the ranch.

Amelia McIntyre volunteers that Asher can stay with her while the barn is being rebuilt. She works at the barn as well as being in the process of buying her aunt's bar from her. She has faced her own heartbreak in the past and never wants to go through that again. 

As Amelia and Asher slowly become closer they realize that they have feelings for each other but both are struggling with their pasts.

When both Amelia and Asher feel like someone is watching them will they be able to get to the bottom of it before something else happens?

I absolutely love this series and love getting to know the characters more and more. 

Asher is a great character who is struggling with his past and everything he has lost and being alone. As you learn more you understand why he's almost afraid to get involved with anyone but at the end we really learn about the burden he feels he is and why.

Amelia is another great character who really went through some rough relationship stuff in the past and I get why she was afraid of another relationship. Yet she also couldn't deny her attraction to Asher and wanting to help him. I loved that she was insistent on buying the bar from her aunt and didn't want any hand outs. 

There was so much chemistry between Asher and Amelia but I liked that they started with a friendship that gradually developed into more. They both had jealous streaks for sure and I liked some of the things that happened at the bar that show cased the jealousy.

I must say I was completely shocked at what was revealed with Asher and his past. I was freaking out as I knew that one character would stop at nothing to get what they wanted.

The end was awesome and I loved Asher's career change and everything that was revealed!! 

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment