Thursday, July 29, 2021

My review of Bribed by Rebecca Sharp

 Dante Lozano works for Covington Security is a bit of a ladies man but nothing prepares him for the beautiful woman he finds walking alone along the side of the road and almost gets hit by a passing car. When he brings her back to the office he is shocked to learn that he is the new client that he is supposed to protect.

Lennon "Lenni" Love Clarke is an actress from A Song of Dragons whom the press has recently attacked for her supposed drug problem which is causing a delay in production of the new season. Lenni would much rather them believe that than the truth and her inability to remember anything from her past.

As Dante works to protect Lenni, her inability to tell him what is wrong begins to affect his job and finding out more on who is after her. Will Lenni be able to trust Dante with not only the truth but also her heart?

This is another great book in the series and the author manages to suck me straight in every time. I was really looking forward to Dante's story as he had given the other guys such grief with falling in love. 

Dante really is a great character and was dedicated to his job and really good at it. He hated that he really had no idea what was going on with Lenni and why they needed to protect and who from. He cared about her a lot and was struggling with the "line" between professional and not. 

The more you learn about Lenni the more your heart breaks for her. I couldn't imagine going through what she was and not knowing who to trust. I knew she felt like she could trust Ace but she struggled with opening up to Dante. I really liked her friendship with Skye but I was scared that she could have been involved with things as well. 

I was happy when Lenni and Dante began to get closer but then I was definitely worried as it was so up and down and both were hesitant to risk their hearts. I was a little scared for both of them as I really wanted them to work out.

When everything began to go sideways I was freaking out a little as the person involved was someone who knew what they were doing but I was so proud of Lenni for reacting how she did and literally saving herself. I was a little shocked at how she managed to figure out a way to escape as the risks were huge for her. 

I was so happy when Dante finally got up the courage to admit how he felt and I really liked the way that the book ended!

Can't wait for the next one!!! 

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment