Sunday, December 11, 2016

Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos (Crock-Pot)

Now that we have begun the crazy busy season I have come to rely on the crock pot once a week. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I sometimes forget which day of the week I am even on so sometimes groceries don't get bought in time, etc.

I find it can be a difficult chore to find food that pleases all three of us. My son will generally eat anything but as you know the daughter is the picky one. My son loves Mexican food so I decided to give this one a try.

Cooking the meat in the slow cooker was awesome and it came out so tender! I did find that this one takes longer with having to cook it in the oven after you assemble everything so don't make this one on a day where you don't have time.

Now one huge problem I had was that I couldn't find enchilada sauce so instead I used a combination of taco sauce and salsa. I don't know what the difference would have been but next time I would find a recipe for enchilada sauce and use that instead. I did use the refried beans from a can as I was short on time but I would definitely love to try making them from scratch at some point.

My son loved them and my daughter thought they were ok. I used a healthy wrap that was full of fiber so that would also affect the taste a little!

Definitely good and I would make them again! You can find the recipe here: http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/08/smothered-chile-colorado-burritos-crock-pot/


No comments:

Post a Comment