Sunday, May 7, 2023

Homemade Lasagna

 As mentioned before my kids are not huge on pasta at home so I was really wanting to make Lasagna as something different. I was excited to give it a go as I hadn't made lasagna in so long. 

This looked like a really easy to follow recipe so I knew that although it was going to take me awhile to assemble it would come together well.

I really like the idea of using two meats as it makes it taste better and gives it a bit more of something that you never knew you needed. The meat sauce is easy to make but the only thing that I couldn't find were the San Marzano Tomatoes. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for them as they do not carry them in my local grocery store.

The ricotta mixture came together super easy and everything smelled great. 

I really liked the idea of using cheese slices as it makes sure that every bite has the same amount of cheese and cooks more evenly. 

Now my lasagna did reach the top of the pan so be careful with that! 

The lasagna was good and I stuck the leftovers in the freezer for the times that I need a quick meal for work or when I am working at night and the kids need leftovers!

You can find the recipe here: https://tidymom.net/best-homemade-lasagna/


No comments:

Post a Comment