Sunday, August 21, 2022

Homemade Chicken and Dumplings

 This is the ultimate comfort food and so freaking delicious! This was something I had never made before but was super excited to try. Somehow in all of the excitement of trying the new recipe I missed getting a picture so I have used the picture from the author's blog and I can tell you that mine looked good but not as good as this one! 

I cooked up the veggies as directed and then went onto making the roux. I went good and slow with the roux and it turned out awesome! I was so happy with how it turned out as sometimes it can be a real tricky thing to get it perfect and still hold onto the creamy feel to the soup. 

I was totally freaking out about making the dumplings and did it as close to the instructions as I could. I don't know if mine tasted as good as hers did but I thought I did a pretty good job. 

Now back to the soup and I only added chicken as I hate peas and thought I had parsley but I didn't so I just skipped it. I know I am missing out on more flavor but I really didn't want to leave to get parsley. 

My dumplings were definitely not anywhere close to perfection with how they looked going on but overall I thought I did a great job for my first time! This is something I would make again. 

For the leftovers I found that they could have used a little more liquid so I think after dishing out the food for dinner I would go back and add some more chicken stock just so the leftovers are less thick.

You can find the recipe here: https://www.browneyedbaker.com/chicken-and-dumplings/






No comments:

Post a Comment