Thursday, April 29, 2021

My review of Lies Between Us - Nikki Rose

 Dom Miller works undercover and is an explosive expert. On a job he ends meeting Alexis Jones at a club and sparks fly and he has never forgotten about her.

Two years later Alexis along with her daughter Layla has managed to escape her abusive relationship with Police Chief Deputy Daniel Phillips. She knows she has to do whatever she can to cover her tracks as Daniel has contacts that can trace her anywhere.

When a car accident derails Alexis she finds herself face to face with Dom who promises to protect Alexis and Layla.

Yet how far is Daniel's reach and will both Alexis and Dom finds themselves with in more danger than they thought possible?

This was a great book and I really enjoyed it! 

I loved Alexis and I gave her so much credit for escaping but she definitely didn't give Daniel enough credit for how far he would go. Alexis was strong and I loved how protective she was of Layla and how she was willing to give Dom a chance to prove himself but she was also well aware that legally she was still married.

Dom was awesome and I loved his protective side. Due to the nature of his job he had his own enemies but felt he was the best one to protect Alexis and Layla. I liked that he had his boss behind him and I think he definitely could have used his buddies more than he did.

There was so much chemistry between the two of them but also so much hanging over them. They needed to get Alexis safe and divorced before they had a chance at a future. 

I was definitely surprised at who Daniel aligned himself with but he wanted revenge so bad that nothing really surprised me. I was surprised at the events at the end and was so mad at Ivan!! I was very proud of Alexis for doing what she had to in order to survive! 

The very end was awesome! Glad these two have each other and of course Layla! 

4 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment