Thursday, April 29, 2021

My review of The Bosun by Harlow Layne

 Stella is 37 years old and has just gotten divorced from Brock who has been cheating on her and now she is preparing to start again. Luckily for her, she and her best friend Penelope have been invited for a vacation onboard of a yacht with several other friends.

There she meets Remy St. James, the bosun who happens to save her life one today when she falls overboard. Yet Stella knows there isn't much chance of ever seeing him again and allows herself one night with him.

But will fate allow her more than one night?

This was a good book about falling in love and fate.

I really liked Stella and felt bad for everythign that had happened to her with her ex, Brock. I was very glad that Penelope was there for her and was making her move to California to be with her and start again. I thought Pen was great and I liked that she pushed Stella to put the moves on Remy! 

There was a definite attraction between Remy and Stella but both of them had pasts that they were each trying to get over in their own way. They both knew that they wanted one night together but each also wanted more although they separately didn't think it was possible. I give credit to Remy for trying and he had a 50% chance of getting it right.

I was happy when Remy finally began to forgive himself and get help for the events that occurred in Afghanistan. It's so sad how many survivors have so much guilt and it is definitely something serious. 

I liked how fate intervened with Remy and Stella but I hated how it ended up turning out and my heart broke for Stella and I was so mad at Remy. I was happy how Remy talked to Eric about everything that had happened overseas and with Stella and Eric's advice for him.

I was happy that Lexie helped Stella at one point and pushed her to find Remy. Everything that occurred in Florida made me happy and it was just the push to make everyone realize what they needed to.

The very end was awesome and I look forward to more with these characters!! 

4 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment