Tuesday, January 8, 2019

My review of Teasing the Princess by Nana Malone

This is the second book in the series and they need to be read in order.

Jessa McLean has just been hit with some extremely unexpected news and now she is headed to Winston Isles to find out who she really is.

Roone Ainsley is supposed to be the bodyguard for his best friend's sister but he is not expecting Jessa to get the drop on him and vanish.

As Jessa learns who she really is, she must still rely on Roone for protection after it is clear that she may still be in danger. But can Roone still protect Jessa when his heart is broken and she wants nothing more to do with him?

This was such a great conclusion to the first book with some great twists and turns to keep you wondering what was going to happen next. 

I really liked Jessa and I can't imagine what she was going through when she learned how much of her life was not what she thought it was. I understood why she was mad at Roone but it felt like he got most of her anger. 

I thought Roone was a great character and I was definitely sad at how he felt losing Jessa and knowing how mad she was at him. He needed to gain her trust back but I knew it was not going to be easy. Yet he was also extremely dedicated at his job and no matter how upset he was at losing Jessa he would still lay down his life for her.

There was so much chemistry between Roone and Jessa and I had my fingers crossed that they were going to be able to work through everything. They were so good together and I loved their banter. 

I loved all of the mystery between who was stalking Jessa and if that was the same person after her. The book made you keep flipping the pages as everything was becoming bigger and bigger. I was shocked at some of the reveals and how everything was going down!!

There were definitely some shocking moments and I was upset about what happened to Chloe! 

I loved when Roone and Jessa finally started working things through and getting back on the same page!!

The end was awesome but I was upset with what Ariel decided to do although I look forward to her book!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment