Tuesday, January 29, 2019

My review of Build by Gillian Archer

Austin Burns builds motorcycles and owns Bad*ss Builds. He desperately needs to get out of town after receiving news about his father that has shaken him up and wondering what he is going to do.

Rachel Tannenbaum is a single mom whose world revolves around her son, Wyatt, and also her mother, Trish. Rachel works two jobs, one as a maid and the other at Finnegan's to try and make ends meet.

When Rachel is working at a house where Austin is staying and a snowstorm hits will the two hit it off or will Austin remind Rachel too much of her ex? When Austin is clear he doesn't do relationships will Rachel run for the hills knowing she has two other people counting on her?

This was a book that I really enjoyed and even though you kind of knew a few things that were going to happen there were some twists that I really wasn't expecting which made me super happy!

I thought Austin was a good character and quite upfront about what he wanted and didn't want from Rachel. Austin had so much guilt over what he didn't do in the past with his mom and it was sad that he held onto that for so long. I understood his hatred for his dad and to a certain degree why he was afraid of relationships because of what had occurred in his own past.

Rachel was an amazing mom and daughter and she worked her butt off to make sure they had somewhere to live and afford what was needed. I loved that she was able to let loose while away but I also knew that she would be extremely careful of things as she had a child to think about. I completely understand the guilt of being a single mom and the worries that you have towards your kids.

There was so much sexual tension between Rachel and Austin and the two were hot and intense!! I knew things would get hot and they definitely did!

There was so much "drama" with Austin and his brothers and I must admit that I was shocked by what Dylan revealed. I totally understood why Austin was so hurt with it all as he had different memories than Dylan.

I kind of expected something to go down between Austin and Rachel that would upset Rachel and make her change her mind. I knew why Austin had to get away but I was also understanding of Rachel's side and that Austin had to stop running.

I was not expecting one of the big things at the end but I loved how Austin and his brothers came through and proved they were ready!!

The end was super good and I am really looking forward to more in the series! 

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment