Tuesday, January 8, 2019

My review of Micaden's Madness by VF Mason

Micaden is a serial killer who is hell bent on getting revenge on the woman who ruined his life and everyone else along the way who turned it upside down.

Emerald is a teacher who wants to write the story in her head but can't remember events of the past after an accident has left her with blank spaces.

When Emerald arrives on the island where the story in her mind takes place she is focused on writing but she has no idea why Micaden hates her from the moment he meets her or why people on the island seem to know her.

Will Emerald be able to figure out her own past before it's too late?

This was such a good book that had me gripped from beginning to end. I had certain things figured out right from the beginning but I couldn't wait to see why everything had happened and how.

I thought Emerald was a great character right from the beginning and I put things together pretty fast about her story but I was super curious on how she lost her memory and everything that had happened to her. Emerald had obviously been through so much and I was crossing my fingers she would get her memory back.

Micaden was so interesting as you know he is a killer but have no clue on why he hates Emerald so much at the beginning but as the book goes on and you put the pieces together things make so much more sense. I found it so sad as the book went on and we learn how many other people were involved in things.

As the story goes on you learn so many things and I was shocked at all of the twists and turns that were happening! The book keeps you at the edge of your seat wanting more and more! You completely understand why Micaden hates Emerald so much but then you also learn her side which knows nothing!

Some of the twists completely blew my mind and I loved them! I was shocked at the end with what happened on the boat and then the aftermath of that was awesome!!

The very end of the book was great and I hope we get more from these characters!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment