Tuesday, January 15, 2019

My review of The Measure of Home by Krista Sandor


In high school Monica Brandt received a scholarship to attend the local private school and became best friends with Courtney Wilkes. She lived with her grandma above their family bakery and she wanted to fit in with the “rich kids”.

Gabe Sinclair works for his dad’s moving company and delivers newspapers. He has always had feelings for Monica but she has not really noticed him until one night when he helps her out.

When Monica leaves town to follow her own dreams, her Oma gives Gabe a chance to follow his dreams as well. When the two both return to Langley Park years later will there be anything left between them? Will the reason Monica came back to Langley Park follow her back?
This is another great book in the series and I am really enjoying them.

Monica was a great character right at the beginning and then I was mad at her for leaving Oma and Gabe. I understood that she wanted to follow her dreams but the way she just left them both broke my my heart after everything they both had done for her. I was so sad with the situation that Monica found herself in at the party as that was not fault of her own and freaky!!

Gabe was able to make something of himself but he was exhausted and done with leading the life he found himself in. I was glad that he decided to take some time for himself and get his head together by heading back to Langley Park.

I loved how both Gabe and Monica but everything aside to help Oma after she was injured and the two slowly began to talk everything over and figure out where they were both at. I loved how things began to progress between the two of them and it made me happy!

The reason Monica returned to Langley Park was extremely relevant and I wondered how everything was going to come together. I totally was not expecting what happened and who was involved! Loved the twists and totally shocked at the one revelation!

 The very end was awesome and I loved how it all came together!

4.5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment