Monday, November 6, 2017

My review of Hate Story by Nicole Williams

Nina Burton is 23 years old and in desperate need of money to pay off her bills and save her grandma's house before it forecloses on her. She works as a dog walker in the day and at night she works at an all-night coffee shop.

Max Sturm is 29 years old and desperate to find someone to marry in order to stay in the United States and get his green card. He no longer believes in love due to being burned in a past relationship and has offered Nina 1 million dollars to marry him.

But what happens when two people start off as "acquaintances" but gradually learn to trust each other and discover that sometimes the best things happen when they aren't planned. But when Max's family arrives to question the relationship will they get through it when they also bring a surprise guest?

This was a good book and I enjoyed learning about both Nina and Max's pasts and why they each needed to get married. I felt super bad for Nina with her financial situation and understood why she was so desperate to keep her house. Due to her own families dealings with love she had no belief in love and relationships and therefore had no problem marrying for money.

Max was desperate to stay in the United States and had been burned by love in the past so therefore he was ready to focus on his job. But he gradually began to see a different side of Nina when she would let down her guard.

I loved watching the friendship of Max and Nina and see how they began to rely on each other and help each other out. Nina was incredible when Max's family showed up and I loved watching her under pressure and seeing her take it on! The two had such chemistry and I really enjoyed seeing their relationship progress into more!

I was so proud of Max with his dad and I knew how much he cared at that point. I was pretty sad with the "twist" of Max's and although I knew in my heart what would happen I still had to make sure everything turned out the way I wanted it to!

Loved the very end!!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment