Sunday, March 19, 2023

Mushroom Burger with Provolone, Caramelized Onions and Aioli and Cheesy Loaded Tater Tots

 I think most of the burgers I have made lately seem to have caramelized onions on them which isn't planned. This one was one that I was kind of trying to sneak in because it had caramelized onions on them which neither kid is apparently a fan of. So I decided to mix up the side dish on this meal with the loaded tater tots and they were so amazing!!

I did use store bought burger patties as I find on days where I have to work it's just so much easier and quicker for me to have them on hand and not worry about if I have ground beef. The other thing where I cheated was using an Epicure garlic aioli instead of making it from scratch. I seriously love the epicure one and it doesn't take much time at all.

I also decided to cook the onions and mushrooms together instead of in two separate pans to save dishes. Plus I only have one really good non-stick pan right now so I'm kind of limited with some meals. I also once again used my cast iron pan to cook the burgers in instead of the barbeque. The weather lately is super rainy and I have yet to do a spring clean on the barbeque. 

I really loved the idea of the two pieces of cheese bringing and melting everything together as then everything stayed on the burger so much better! I will definitely be doing this again!

We don't seem to have tater tots much but after having them this way I am sure we will doing them way more often! Now I did bake the tater tots over frying them to save myself time and also to be a lit bit healthier. I followed the directions to cook them and then took them out and loaded them with cheese, bacon bits and green onions. Now I cooked everything on the same pan as mine had raised edges to save myself dishes and time. It worked out fine for me and they were so delicious!

I highly recommend both of these recipes:

Mushroom Burger: https://www.gogogogourmet.com/mushroom-burger-with-provolone-caramelized-onions-and-aioli/

Cheesy Loaded Tater Tots: https://www.savoryexperiments.com/cheesy-bacon-tots/




No comments:

Post a Comment