Sunday, February 5, 2023

Orange Chicken. Chinese take out style, quick, easy and baked, not fried

 We generally have restaurant bought Chinese Food once a year. I really do like it but I find it costs us a lot and it's something we generally have to prepare for wanting and have to plan ahead.

That being said I do like to make it at home when I get the chance but tend to stick to the basics but this recipe looked good so I wanted to give it a try.

Now the recipe does take awhile to make as you are coating it several times and I did piece by piece whereas I think next time I would try and do the coatings in larger batches so it doesn't take as long. 

I absolutely love baking and not frying and definitely would do that again as you really didn't feel as heavy after finishing eating. 

Now I followed the recipe as directed except that my container of frozen orange juice wasn't as large. I think this did end up impacting the final flavor and not having it as orange as I would have liked. Mik and I also felt like there was too much red chili flakes and was too spicy for the two of us wimps! 

Still a great recipe and I would try it again. You can find the link here: https://www.rockrecipes.com/orange-chicken/




No comments:

Post a Comment