Sunday, February 19, 2023

Comfort Night - BBQ Cheddar Meatloaf and Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes

 There are some nights when you honestly want to just curl up and feel comforted and to me this is one of those meals that can get you there. 

Bren has always really enjoyed meatloaf so I keep trying different ones to change things up. That being said he does really enjoy the ones with cheese in them so I thought this would be a good one to try. I followed the recipe as directed except that I didn't have any parsley. The only thing I would have done different is to use a different pan as the one I used wasn't my biggest loaf pan.

These mashed potatoes were awesome and I loved how little energy it took to make them. The hardest part was peeling the potatoes but I loved how everything just got thrown into the pot. Now I did do things a little different as two of us were reading the recipe at different times and therefore it wasn't followed exact. We ended up throwing all of the milk and butter in at the beginning instead of at two different times. Oops. So I think our potatoes were probably not as creamy as they could have been but they were still really good and the meal was awesome!

You can find the recipes here:

Meatloaf: https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/BBQ-Cheddar-Meatloaf

Mashed Potatoes: https://foodfolksandfun.net/buttermilk-mashed-potatoes/






No comments:

Post a Comment