Sunday, September 26, 2021

Grilled Chicken Blueberry Feta Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing and Strawberry Mango Sangria

 I love salads but it's not something that I make from scratch a lot. I will often just grab a bagged salad to throw with a meal and my son really does enjoy eating them.

I absolutely love feta and blueberries together so I knew that this was definitely a recipe that I needed to try and it did not disappoint. 

Now we were missing a major ingredient - poppy seeds but we made it all without and it still tasted good although I know it would have been even better with the poppy seeds. 

As it was just Mik and I for dinner we also skipped the red onion but that is just a personal preference. 

I highly recommend this salad as it is easy to put together but you do need to marinate the chicken. I ended up cooking the chicken in a fry pan after cutting it into strips as it was raining and I didn't want to use the bbq.

I will definitely be making this again!

You can find the recipe here: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/grilled-chicken-blueberry-feta-salad-with-lemon-poppy-seed-dressing/

Now to get really into the summer feeling I wanted to try making a Sangria. When we went to Spain years ago I loved ordering Sangria at the restaurants while sitting at the outside restaurants. 

This recipe looked simple and I was excited to try it but the major stumbling block I had was that I couldn't find the Barefoot White Spritzer. I think the white wine I ended up using wasn't sweet enough but I still enjoyed it. I don't think the mango I had was sweet enough either which made quite a difference. 

You can find the recipe here: https://www.lemontreedwelling.com/strawberry-mango-sangria/




No comments:

Post a Comment