Friday, March 12, 2021

My review of Make You Beg by Shantel Tessier

 Henley Greene knows what she saw one night in Death Valley and because she spoke the truth of what she witnessed she has lost her 4 best friends and has to move away. Yet soon she is forced to return to Westbrook High and come face to face with the ones she betrayed.

Ryan Scout, Dax Monroe, Grayson Law and Van Rellik are known as the Reapers and are the most popular and powerful boys at Westbrook High and when Henley betrayed one of them, she betrayed them all. Even though Scout was in a relationship with Henley, nothing is more important than his "brothers". Their fathers collectively make up The Founders and rule the town and have the money to pay off anything.

When the boys decide to "play" with Henley upon her return will she survive their games or will she find herself in even more trouble as it's clear that most people in town want her gone.

OMG!!!! This book was absolutely incredible and really stayed with me after I put it down. This is an author that I try and read all of the time and this has to be one of her best books to date and definitely one of the best books I have read this year.

My heart absolutely broke for Henley with what she witnessed and then to have Monroe get away with what he did. I think I would have wanted to leave town but having to come back just made me so scared for her. Initially I was so confused about her relationship with the boys as I knew that they had all been best friends but soon I realized in addition that she had a special relationship with Scout. Now she definitely did a lot of things that were not "high school" like but I tried to ignore that. 

Each of the boys had their own reasons for wanting revenge on Henley but I could see why Monroe would want it the most although it really felt like Scout was spearheading it all. I was so confused about it as his actions seemed to contradict everything that came out of his mouth. 

There were so many jaw dropping moments in the book and things I had guesses about and other things that just completely shocked the living daylights out of me! The stuff with Henley's dad definitely surprised me as I knew it wasn't going to be good! 

The stuff with Nicholas was definitely unexpected but it lead to a little twist and more possibilities. Monroe's adamant message to Henley made me really wonder about everything yet there was so much more going on. 

Towards the end of the book the events at Death Valley totally shocked me and I knew that Law really wondered about the truth of everything. 

The end as everything comes together is absolutely jaw dropping and I was just hanging onto my seat and there was no way I could put the book down!! I felt bad for Henley when she put the pieces together as did everyone else. I knew who was going to win the fight at the end but it wasn't looking good for way too long!! 

The very end was justification as everything came around full circle!! 

I truly hope we get another book with one of the other boys although I don't know how the author could top this masterpiece!!

5 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment