Tuesday, March 16, 2021

My review of Holding You Close by Kennedy Fox

 This is book two in the series and book one needs to be read first.

Katie Reid has always wanted Noah but events from the pasty can't be easily forgotten. Yet when he returns to town Katie slowly begins to let him back into her life and that of her son, Owen.

Unfortunately, people in their small town have a hard time getting over the past and Noah finds his life in a difficult position. 

Can Noah and Katie find a way to overcome everything against them?

I was waiting so patiently for this second book after the way the first one ended!! 

So I must admit that I loved Noah right from the beginning as I felt he was really doing the right thing and things with Gabe just took a horrific unplanned turn. His heart was in the right place but fate was not. So that being said I was freaking out so much with everything that happened to him in the first book and how the second one ended. I had guessed who was behind it but I was pleasantly surprised about one thing that was cleared up. 

Katie was another great character who had fallen for the wrong guy as the right one had been to chicken to act on his feelings. Yet she ended up with Owen so life turned out good in that respect. In this book we see a bit of a change in Katie as she began to protect what meant the most to her as there had been so many secrets kept from her and she vowed to get to the bottom of everything. 

I loved the relationship development between Katie and Noah but I was still worried about some pretty big secrets getting out and how they were going to impact everything. 

I had guessed everything with Brittany but I loved the way everything played out as things were extremely tense!!

I was so pleased with who wasn't involved in everything and how everything came out in the open and everyone made amends.

I loved Katie's great news and how that brought everyone together!! I was super excited and it all made me so happy!

I was freaking about how Owen would react to the secrets being kept from him and I was definitely surprised about his reaction. That being said I understood why he was that way but I really thought it was going to be totally different. 

The very end was awesome in the pumpkin patch and it made me do a little dance!

The twist with Eric was not expected at all and I have a feeling Everleigh is going to find herself in some trouble in the next book!   

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment