Thursday, April 16, 2020

My review of Tennessee Truths by Ashley Munoz

Faith Morgan Vanderson grew up in Collierville, Tennessee and thought she had everything figured out with her high school boyfriend, Jace Walker. Yet just as they were planning their next step together he suddenly broke her heart and she left town and was ready to move on and forget about Jace. Yet her marriage to Bryan hasn't turned out like she thought it would and now she has escaped back to her hometown to start over once again and be closer to her best friend, Gemma, and her parents.

Jace Walker was the boy from the wrong side of the tracks but he loved Faith with all that he had. Unfortunately Jace's mom was also sick and he was forced to make a choice that he never wanted to make and he lost everything but now he has had a chance to start over and make something of himself, even if his heart has never healed.

When Jace bumps into Faith at a party he humiliates her as she has so much more than he will ever have and his heart has never healed. The tension builds between the two of them but so many secrets still remain between them and neither of them will ever heal. When Bryan comes back into town wanting a second chance with Faith will she give in or will she stick to her own plan. But when Bryan starts with threats how far will Faith go to protect those she loves?

This was such an amazing book filled with some great twists and deep secrets that change everything!

I thought Faith was a great character and I loved the notes she secretly wrote with her secret admirer when she was younger. I thought the beginning of her relationship with Jace was so sweet and he loved her so much from such a young age. I felt horrible for what she was going through in her marriage to Bryan and I was very happy when she was able to escape.

Jace was much more of a mystery to me as when you heard how he truly felt about Faith it made my heart break into pieces but when you see how he treats her then I got so mad. I did understand why he was upset at how fast Faith moved on to Bryan after everything they shared but I felt like there was so much more to the story than what any of us were given.

There was so much information hidden from the readers and from both Jace and Faith that the other had been through and I knew that nothing would be resolved until they finally talked about everything that each of them had been through and got it all out in the open.

I was so happy when Jace and Faith slowly began to listen to each other and realize how much love they each still had for the other but they were still trying to deal with Faith's divorce and the secrets they both still had.

Bryan was absolute scum and i hated how he continued to manipulate people to his advantage and really make everyone except Faith, question what was going on. That being said he still played Faith as well and used what was most important to her to try and break her.

My heart truly broke for Faith with everything that went down with her parents.

I was so happy when Jace finally listened to Seth's advice and got everything out in the open!! Yet he later broke my heart after Bryan.

The end made me laugh so hard at how Faith finally got through to Jace! I was so happy with how everything ended!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment