Thursday, July 25, 2019

My review of Defying Gravity by K.K. Allen

Three years ago Amelia Clark was involved with Tobias James but when he gets a chance to play in the NBA, Amelia pushes him away and breaks his heart. Slowly the two drift away especially when Amelia's own dreams come into question.

Yet love has a funny way of turning things around and when Amelia and Tobias end up in the same town can they find a way of working everything out. Yet when there are certain "rules" in place will Tobias and Amelia have to chose once again between love and their own dreams and goals?

This is another great book by the author about finding love and trying to find the balance between accomplishing your own dreams and that once in a lifetime kind of love.

I must admit that I was sad that Amelia split with Tobias at the beginning as he really wanted to give their love a shot and she didn't. My heart broke for what she went through in following her dreams and the way she was treated. The stuff she went through was awful and I think it is evident of the way society still is in a certain way.

Tobias was completely in love with Amelia and never wanted to lose her but at a certain point he realizes that he may actually cost her the dreams she's been after and has to make a tough choice. I understood why he did what he did but I was still sad at the whole thing!

Through the book there is also questions about the revelation that Tobias was adopted and how he can't get any information on it. I was sad about his mother and then totally surprised with everything we learn about his father. I definitely was not expecting that and I was mad for sure at the secrets that were revealed.

I loved the end with Amelia and how she made the choice that she wanted and how it was all on her terms and it was really perfect!!

The epilogue was awesome and I can't wait for more from the author!!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment