Thursday, October 12, 2017

My review of Gun Shy by Lili St.Germain

Years ago a dead body was found in a well and her killer was never found and nobody in town has ever forgotten.

Leo Bentley has finally been released from prison early after being convicted of driving under the influence which resulted in his girlfriend's mom being in a vegetative state. Being the wife of the Sheriff Damon King, Leo received a long sentence and now has to try and put the past behind him as he begins to start over in his hometown.

Cassie Carino was in love with Leo but when he was in the accident that almost killed her mother something switched. 8 years later she is a shell of the person she once was and is still living with her step-dad, Sheriff Damon King, and lives in her own prison.   

When another girl in town, Jennifer Thomas, goes missing Cassie wonders if it is related to Leo coming home but the truth is so much scarier.

This is an incredibly dark psychological thriller that will leave you hooked from the first page through to the last. There were so many twists and turns that I never saw coming and I was like - wow!!

I loved Leo and knew once I got to know him that something seemed off with the past but I never knew how deep all of the deception was going to go. As soon as he got home I was shocked at what was going on with his sister Hannah and how oblivious his mom was to everything and how she truly did not deserve to have kids. I felt bad for Pike and knew he was doing what he could to help the family survive but he was forced into a role that he wasn't ready for.

I felt like Cassie was a victim through most of the book with how she was kept prisoner by Damon and his brother Ray. Yet then she surprised me and I was like - woah this girl is dangerous! Totally shocked at what ended up happening but at the same time I wasn't surprised after everything she had gone through.

Some of the twists I was expecting and others I totally wasn't. The ending definitely shocked me with what was happening to Leo that Chris informed him of and I wasn't sure why and still am not sure on that one.

This book takes you on such a psychological ride that you have no idea in the end who you are really cheering for except Leo!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment